Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 3 - Browsers, bookmarks, blogs (cont.), & the cloud

Just two days in, and I added a keyboard. I knew I would, I just didn't know how soon I would. It's not just the typing that makes me nuts...it's loosing the keyboard commands. I am not a huge mouse or, I guess in this case, touch person. So now I have the keyboard, which is really helping. Let's see how long it takes me to add a monitor ;-). Even with the keyboard, I still can't forward delete, which bugs me. It's not a huge deal, but it wastes time when I write a lot.
I spent some time exploring browsers yesterday, but I didn't really have time to write about it. So here is my AHA! Dolphin It is super slick - nice speed dial, and I love the gesture commands (see video below
It's also got a nice Zine feature for select publications. Sadly, the Twitter zine didn't work, but here is the one for TechCrunch: I played around with other browsers, but they all seemed to fall over themselves trying to accomplish the same tasks - Google navigates its own apps better than most of the free products, but as we saw yesterday, the paid products are functional within limits. The Diigo broswer irritated me beyond words. I spent a ridiculous period of time trying to download the highlighter tool. Three other people tried as well. The directions were simply incorrect. To compound my aggravation, I can't find my lists in the Diigo app - UGH! I also peeked at Atomic, Firefox (is it still for phone only? Need to check on that), and Opera but I haven't fully explored those yet. Apps acquired today:
  • Opera Mini Web Browser
  • Rover
  • Flickr+
  • Diigo
  • Diigo Browser

No comments:

Post a Comment